• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a new custom document in the CC20 version of Illustrator or InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Recently this week I noticed that I am no longer able to create a new custom file in Illustrator or in InDesign. When clicking "Create New" I am greeted with a blank screen. I will attach screenshots to help present the issue. I am able to check the "Use Legacy New Document Dialogue" box as a work around but I am puzzled why the current version for create a new document is blank for Illustrator and InDesign yet not for Photoshop.

My computer is a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.5

Adobe Illustrator Blank Screen..pngScreen Shot 2020-06-10 at 8.25.45 PM.png  

Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

- Jonathan Bales

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing exact version of Adobe Illustrator & InDesign? Please make sure you have updated Adobe apps to the latest version.

Also, please try following the instructions on community discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-screen-on-illustrator-on-mac-os/td-p/11161722?page= and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing exact version of Adobe Illustrator & InDesign? Please make sure you have updated Adobe apps to the latest version.

Also, please try following the instructions on community discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-screen-on-illustrator-on-mac-os/td-p/11161722?page= and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response,

I tried the Adobe cleaner tool mentioned in the link provided. That seemed to clear up the issue. 

Thank you for your feedback and help with the issue.

Best Regards,

- Jonathan Bales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work better when you disconnect from the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response, 

I initially tried to launch the applications offline and the issue still persisted. I then tried the Adobe cleaner tool mentioned by Ashutosh and that seemed to clear up the issue.

I truly appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

- Jonathan Bales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines