Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a new document

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anytime I try and open a new document in illustrator it wont open, nothing happens. I select which blank document preset I want and then hit create and the window closes but nothing happens. I can open images and other templates but not create a new doc... help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system?

Is this perhaps (or has ever been) a 2 monitor setup and the document is just out of sight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's CC 2017 on my macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I can see other documents, like I can open the templates and see them, just not open a new doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ca you try and in the Preferences > General check the "Legacy new dialog"? Does that one work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same issue here. Running InDesign 2021 on Win 10. Changed to the Legacy New Document Dialog and nbow it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines