Can't create a new file in Illustrator CC 2019 running on Catalina 10.15

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, y'all. Hope you're well and safe. I've been having many issues on most of my Adobe products. This is only one of them. I can't create a new file. The New File GUI opens and it's blank! I've tried the 2017 solution of turning on the legacy interface. Didn't work. Also went looking for any Illustrator com.adobe file on Library/Preferences and there is no Illustrator settings over there.

I understand I can create a new file through a template. But that's not a solution. We all work our brains off using Adobe products and paying a lot of money (in my case it's really tough, since the price is based on US Dollar and I live and work in Brazil).

Waiting for a reply. This is actually my first post on Communitiy forums. I'm tired of looking for solutions online, so I'm openning a new thread.
Om.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences are not inthe general Library, but in your user library. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Does this work better when you disconnect from the internet?

Since it's Friday and weekend is near: you can contact Cutomer Care. They can login to your computer and check it out. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Monika. I'll let you know if it works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed by the suggestion shared by Monika. If not, let us help you fix this. Please try following the steps shared in this discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blank-screen-on-illustrator-on-mac-os/td-p/11161722) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines