• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a new file

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't create a new file. When i click on create new, nothing happens. Also clicking on a template doesn't open a new file. There are no templates on "create new..." Doesn't work with the checkbox "Use legacy File New interface" either. I have tried to clear preferences, also reinstalled using adobe cleaner tool. Please help!

Illustrato version: 25.0.1 64 bit

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-9750H

32GB RAM

GeForce RTX 2060

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try resetting the preferences manually of the app. You may follow instructions given below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

If it does not help, try creating a new user account & let us know if the app is performing as expected there.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering!

• Renaming the Settings folders does not help. Same issue.
  • I made a new user account and it worked!!!

How can i make it work also on my account? don't want to change account every time i want to use illustrator

Regards,

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update your app to the latest Adobe Illustrator 25.1 & let us know if it helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the actual version of Illustrator all the tamplates are there, when i click "create new". But still nothig happens when I click on one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines