• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't DELETE fonts in Illustrator!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Members: I have been an Illustrator user since 1988, and I am using the current 2020 CC version. I have a huge number of foreign language fonts continuing to show up in my font list even after I have gone to the trouble of deleteing EVERY POSSIBLE instance of the name from my computer. What am I not doing right? Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

As you can read in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/the-quot-how-to-get-rid-of-foreign-fonts-quot-question/td-p/7729076?page=1

Adobe doesn't automatically install fonts anymore. It did in Creative Suite, but it doesn't do it any longer.

If you are seeing fonts for languages you don't know, then those are either installed by the system or are still on your system from old versions of Illustrator.

As for the system fonts, probably not a lot of people on this forum can t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of fonts are installed by the OS and Illustrator installs fonts in the required fonts folder in the application.

They will come back with every upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I, like many other MacOS users, are constantly dismayed by the unwelcome volume of foreign fonts bloating our font lists. Why we are not given the method and opportunity of disabling/deleting these hundreds of unwanted fonts will forever be a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can read in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/the-quot-how-to-get-rid-of-foreign-fonts-quot-questio...

Adobe doesn't automatically install fonts anymore. It did in Creative Suite, but it doesn't do it any longer.

If you are seeing fonts for languages you don't know, then those are either installed by the system or are still on your system from old versions of Illustrator.

As for the system fonts, probably not a lot of people on this forum can tell you which ones shouldn't be uninstalled. I wouldn't dare to even guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines