• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit or unlock perspective grid

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 on a Mac High Sierra. I cannot edit the perspective grid. Tried all the menu items pertaining to that grid. Need to edit the grid, but it has no handles and I can't unlock it.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you want to edit? The grid with objects in it after creating the artwork?

Have you locked the station point?

Can you show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Illustrator and the Operating System.
  2. Is it happening on a specific file? Please try the same on a new file and see if you are able to edit.
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow that you are following?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try clicking on the perspective grid tool from your tools panel so that you can select and move the grid points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan. Be sure to have selected the Perspective Grid Tool in the tools panel when you try to edit the Perspective Grid.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had great difficulty finding the Perspective Grid Tool.  In my workspace, the tools are not labeled, and only a minority of them show.  Three dots appear at the bottom of the tools panel.  Click that to get a complete list of tools with icons, text labels and keyboard shortcuts.  I found the Perspective Grid Tool but was not able to activate it by clicking on it, so I used the keyboard shortcut, Shift-p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines