• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t export to psd

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been working on a file on illustrator and saved it as pdf. I need to export it as psd to keep the layers when the file is opened on photoshop. But there's either an error or the file is nowhere to be found afterwards. It worked the first time I tried but never after that. I checked the folder permissions and made sure it's read and write, and I tried saving on a different folder from the one where the original file is located. Still nothing. What can be done? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't save to the local harddisk then please try that first.

And if it still doesn't work, then please tell us step by step what is happening. Exactly what do you save where and are there any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save it on my local disk, no external hard drives even plugged in. I start with a PDF and click export, then I choose Photoshop PSD as format and the file placement (I tried saving both in and out of the original folder), then I check the box to keep my layers and click ok.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-21 à 17.51.35.pngCapture d’écran 2020-10-21 à 17.52.54.png

Then the progression bar comes up and stays stuck in the beginning for a while, and finally, either there's a notification pop up saying the file couldn't save to PSD, or no notification and the file is nowhere to be found.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-21 à 17.50.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is that document?

Do (much) smaller ones work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im facing the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us about your version and system.

Please tell us about your hardware.

Please tell us about the file. How large is it (on the harddisk and its dimensions)

Please tell us the export settings.

Does it work in smaller ppi values?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that happen with any other documents? 
if yes, Quit illustrator, Restart your Mac. 

if No, copy the artwork to a new document and save it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted and even updated my Mac, still nothing. I've tried it with sveral other documents too, and I still can't export to PSD.. I worked the first time I tried exporting, but never again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, could you please share a sample file with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.

We’re here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines