• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find autorecovery folder for illustrator CC 2020

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I finished something and was going to add it to a image I was working on back in April. However I was working on so many projects I had bumped it out of the illustrator recent docs clipboard thing. Anyways went and found my file but, for some reason rather than being in the state of where I last saved it's back at the start for some strange reason. I know I saved several times so it doesn't make sense. 

So I thought maybed there's a recovered one somewhere since I have the auto save feature set up. So I followed the steps in a photoshop one that had similar problems where you go to Go>Library>Adobe>Adobe Illustrator CC2020 however when I went to find the autorecovery folder it wasn't there and I looked all over. Before I go and try to recreate a couple weeks worth of work I'd love to know if there is something I can do to find a more recent save. 

The file is not on the adobe site either I checked.

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Try using Go>Go to Folder>~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 23 or 24 Settings/Data Recovery

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

So you have launched Illustrator many times since then? There won't be anything in the Autorecovery folder. It's just for recovery, it's not Autosave. The recovery file only gets created when Illustrator crashes and if you don't let Illustrator recover your file on the next launch after the crash, the recovery file will be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Go>Go to Folder>~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 23 or 24 Settings/Data Recovery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you have launched Illustrator many times since then? There won't be anything in the Autorecovery folder. It's just for recovery, it's not Autosave. The recovery file only gets created when Illustrator crashes and if you don't let Illustrator recover your file on the next launch after the crash, the recovery file will be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines