• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't get ai cs6 on dvd to install on dell XPS 8920 win 10

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had bought a copy of Adobe AI CS6 and it came on a DVD. I can not get it to install. I tried installing VLC media, but still no luck. It will show the 5 files on the disk but will not open any of them, including the read me pdf. Any suggestions? If I burn the disk to a remote storage device, can I load it from there? Is there a recommended dvd player for win 10 / dell that works better than the VCL media player?

I also tried to install it on my older Win 7 computer with pretty much the same lack of results.

Why the cs6 version - I rarely use it and photo shop so I have no need for a subscription or the latest bells and whistles. A stand alone product is sufficinent for my limited needs. 

Thanks G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need VLC media player? There should be an installer on the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that it's a legit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you obtain this so-called CS6 disk?    If it's legit, your Windows File Explorer should be able to read the disk.

If it's non-legit software, get rid of it.  Malware infected disks could potentially harm your computer or worse...

ALTERNATIVES:

Inkscape

Vectr

Affinity Designer

CorelDRAW

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines