• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Illustrator Gradient Annotator on grouped objects to share one annotator. Help!

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get Illustrator Gradient Annotator on grouped objects to share one annotator. Help!

I am using version 25.2.1 .

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Yes, you get 2 gradient annotators, but if you drag with the Gradient Tool (G) in the direction you want it adjusts them both as one single fill.

And if you choose Object > Compound Path > Make you get a single annotator.

Did you try my suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select the group and drag the Gradient Tool (G) in the direction you want?

Or make a compound path of the group and drag the Gradient Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have an object such as a letter "P" Purned to outlines and then exluded into a round shape with patfinder, I use the Gradient tool and the gradient goes across the grouped object fine but then I want to adjust the gradient with the Annotator and it assigns an individual Annotator tool for each object in the group, so that the Inside of the "P" has its own. and the main circle has it's own. I would like to only have one Annotator tool or at least be able to change all within the group and I can not figure out how. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you get 2 gradient annotators, but if you drag with the Gradient Tool (G) in the direction you want it adjusts them both as one single fill.

And if you choose Object > Compound Path > Make you get a single annotator.

Did you try my suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Using your solution of going to :

" Object > Compound Path > Make " after using the pathfinder to exclude worked and made it have only one annotator! You are a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines