• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get out of Outline mode crtl + y doesnt work

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as Im trying to save my illustrator file for a class assingment, my computer completely freezes and when I restart my computer the file i was working on turns into a tmp file that has all of my work I've been doing on it. When I reopen the file its all in outline mode, and when I try to change the layers to preview it says, "Can't finish previewing. Could not complete the requested operation." Is there something Im doing wrong? or is my file a lost cause. 

On another note, when I was saving the file it used a lit of clipping masks and several artboards for the assignment we needed. Would the amount of artboards effect how long it would take to save/how much memory I need? (I have 16 GB of RAM) Or would the amount of masks be the problem, cuz when I was saving, it used all 16 gigs of my ram to save and I dont know why

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried placing the damaged file into a new file...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it didn't work. it just placed a text box that said it wasn't compatible or something like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you perhaps share this .ai file, so one may take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines