• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't locate the Startup Profiles. Please try after installing Illustrator again.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly getting this error message when attempting to open a new document in Illustrator: "Can't locate the Startup Profiles. Please try after installing Illustrator again.  Illustrator will now attempt to create a default document."

Also, I'm receiving this error message when attempting to copy (non-outlined) text: "Can't copy the objects. There isn't enough memory. ID: -108" (see this post for details: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-t-copy-the-objects-there-isn-t-enough-memory-id-108/m...).

I'm assuming that the issue behind these error messages is the same, or at least related, as they both suddenly began happening at the same time.  I'm completely stumped and have reinstalled, restarted, removed preferences, etc. with no luck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. It's not quite the same as a regular uninstall/reinstall. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I finally enlisted the help of an Adobe Tech who was able to access my computer remotely, remove all the versions of Illustrator I had in my system and then install a newer version (my system can't quite handle the most recent version).  Whatever the problems were that were causing the error messages I mentioned above, I still don't know.  But, removing all of the previous versions and intalling a newer version appears to have fixed everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines