• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Files with Embedded Profile Mismatch

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing a bug where Creative Cloud won't sync my color profiles. SUPER annoying, but I can work around it by assigning profiles for each document. When I open most files, this window pops up because Illustrator keeps reverting to Adobe RGB 1998:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.25.42 PM.png

Like I said, this is super annoying. I've set my color settings in Bridge to sync, but it's not working. 

Sometimes, when this window pops up, no matter which option I choose, I can't open the file. The same window keeps popping right back up instead. I could choose "use embedded profile" or "discard" a thousand times, and I still can't open my file. 

What's going on here? 1) I'd like for my color settings to stick across my Adobe apps and stop reverting to Adobe RGB 1998, and 2) I really need to open this document. Please advise.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's the latest version 25.2.1 then there is a bug with color management: it resets to Emulate Illustrator 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a major bummer that it really is a bug and not just something I have set up wrong. Is there any ETA for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should still be able to open your file.

Also: is the color management reset to Emulate Illustrator 6 in your case?

There has just been an update toPhotoshop. Since Photoshop is involved in the bug, you can try and install the update and see if that fixes the issue.

As for ETAs: this is a public forum with 95% of people not staff. We don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, yes I understand that this forum is public. Yes, I was able to open my file after turning the warning off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. I cannot open a client file, and I don't know how to get it to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @TaylorAnne,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the Color Settings used for Illustrator (Edit > Color Settings) and a screenshot of the warning message so we can investigate this further?

Also, kindly try opening the file using the embedded profile and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines