• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Illustrator 2021 after updating to MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2021 worked well until I updated my Mac to MacOS Big Sur (11.0.1). Now Illustrator 2021 hangs at the boot screen and I can only force quit it. I had to reinstall Illustrator 2020 (24: 3), which luckily does works with Big Sur. Please make Illustrator 2021 compatible with Big Sur.

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-16 om 10.45.26.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your report. I tried to replicate your mistake, but Illustrator opens without any kind of problem. Could you provide other information? If you did a clean install or just did the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I had already installed Illustrator 25.0 on the computer before updating to MacOS Big Sur. After Illustrator 25.0 no longer wanted to start after the MacOS update, I did a clean install of Illustrator 25.0. That did not help: program freezes in the startup screen when it says 'initializing'. Then I did a clean install of Illustrator 24.3 which seems to work normally. So the problem really seems to be with Illustrator 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact issue. I reinstalled the progam 2 times. If i reinstall and reboot it works some times but today i will not boot again. $600 a year and i cant even work. Trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly why I don't upgrade my OS when it's released. I usually wait 2 months or until the first OS update because I can't afford to be without my Adobe CC apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I waited until last week to install Big Sur and still Illustrator does not work. It freezes and I have to force quit it. I hope Adobe will fix the problem soon…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola yo tengo el mismo problema y realice los mismos pasos y desde Adobe no hay respuestas es como dices, pagas un monton para tener las App y no funciona, Solucion por favor no puedo trabajar 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue. Seems like when i uninstall and reinstall it only works when i remove my prefences which is useless if i have reset everything up every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you all please contact Customer Care - they can login toyour system and check things out. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

This is happening all over the place at the moment, and it is mostly caused by ancient drivers or software or settings that people have long forgotten but that Big Sur doesn't like. And Apple sadly is not doing a great job of identifying the mess and notifying users. So basically your system needs a cleanup by an expert.

If you don't want Customer Care todoit, thenhire an expert of your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe also a tip for the others: I completely removed my Wacom tablet driver and now Illustrator 25.0 is working again.This may be a temporary solution for some if you don't need your Wacom tablet every day.

Learn how to remove your Wacom driver here https://www.wacom.com/en-jp/support?guideId=001-670

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so this worked one morning and now Illustrator 25.0 freezes again on startup. I am going to contact the Adobe helpdesk. Maybe a simple idea, but if Illustrator 24.3 and other Adobe programs work well with MacOS 11.0.1 and my ancient drivers, then it seems obvious to me that the problem lies with Illustrator 25.0, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me. I do not use Wacom regularly if at all anymore, but I will probably in the future. Hope this gets fixed for the people who use it often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue, and found a solution downgrading to older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines