can't open or update illustrator 25.2.3

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I came to use illustrator today I've noticed that he had no icon and instead he head a white paper thumbnail, when I've pressed him on the desktop it said that he has a problem with the shortcut and didn't open it.

I've tried to update it in the CC but the update keeps failing (error 184), and also I can't install an older version, it keeps failing.

I don't know what else to do. Also, all the other apps are working, it's just illustrator.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try uninstalling Adobe Illustrator via Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. This way, in addition to uninstalling the software, any corrupt files will also be removed. At the end of the procedure, install Adobe Ilustrator again and check if the problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines