Highlighted

can't open the illustration. Could not complete the request

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on an Illustrator file 4 days ago for work. I opened it today and the message "can't open the illustration. Could not complete the request" when i click "only a white artboard appears. I really need this file. Please how can it be fixed or recovered?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can't open the illustration. Could not complete the request

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on an Illustrator file 4 days ago for work. I opened it today and the message "can't open the illustration. Could not complete the request" when i click "only a white artboard appears. I really need this file. Please how can it be fixed or recovered?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

If you're on Windows you can use the Restore Previous Version 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files

Or if on the Mac you might have Time Machine running - 

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/time-machine-restore-3449071/

Did you not have any backups/previous versions of the files at all? Typically, I save files every hour or so under different version numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0