Can't paste from Illustrator to Phototoshop

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly when I try to copy anything from Illustrator to Photoshop (doesn't matter if I choose smart object, pixel or whatever) I get 3 minutes of spinning beach ball and a crash saying something like "can't complete paste command because the transfered area is empty or contains invalid data". 

I tried restarting my computer, it worked for a couple of times and then again, spinning beach ball. Very very annoying. 

I'm on a Mac OS Big Sur running on a Macbook Pro M1 chip. Don't know if it has anything to with that. 

Help! 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here (Mac Mini M1) execpt from the fact that I don't receive any error message, it just hangs up until I forcely quit it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that happens sometimes too.
They came up with a new version compatible with M1 but before I had to go
back to an old photoshop version so I could get work done 😐

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem yesterday with a brand new Mac Mini M1 chip. I was trying to drag/drop an .ai file into Photoshop—which made it hang up (spinning beach ball). I got the error message: "Could not complete th Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid." I tried the same file in an .eps format and it worked fine.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks artistJB. Copying content from the .ai file to a new one saved as .eps did let me copy the object from illustrator to photoshop with no errors.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines