Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't place assets from Library

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Libraries just (in the middle of working actively in AI this morning) stopped allowing me to place assets. I drag an asset from the Library and click/tap to place it in my document, and nothing happens. The green + icon stays on my cursor indefinitely, and on the Mac, the spinning beach ball starts. It stops when I hit Escape.

I've reinstalled AI twice—once with preferences, once without. Since reinstalling without prefs didn't solve the problem, I've restored them.

I'm currently unable to place any assets from the Library, which is destroying my workflow. Anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? Thanks!

Edit: As mysteriously as it started, it just stopped. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

I had messages yesterday about not being able to connect to libraries. At the same time there were some CC updates.

I guess that was the problem, it started working again afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had messages yesterday about not being able to connect to libraries. At the same time there were some CC updates.

I guess that was the problem, it started working again afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines