Can't release object when using selection tool

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with selection tool in illustrator. Sometimes when I select an object and move it, I can't release the object. The object is kind of "floating" on the canvas and my cursor doesn't work (can't click anything else and move super laggy). I have to click "esc" button on the keyboard to make the cursor works again but it made the object goes back to their initial position.

I found some advice to turn off dictation, I did that but the problem still persists. The problem arise when I update my AI into 25.0, but the problem still persists when I uninstall it and install the 24.3.

What can I do to tackle this? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is this?

A colleague just encountered that kind of thing and turned out the computer needed some serious updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.
I never encountered this kind of thing before even with this OS.
But the last 1-2 weeks, I had encountered a problem when I use adobe, my computer would freeze and the only way to make it work again is to do hard reboot (force shutdown by power button). Then I solved the freezing problem but this can't move cursor problem appear. 

For info, I use Huion kamvas 13 for my pen display

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Does it happen while working on a specific document? In addition to update your OS as suggested by Monika, please try resetting preferences of the app once and let us know if helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have uninstalled the illustrator and try reinstalling other version also deleting the preferences when reinstalling it, but the problem is still there sometimes. Sometimes i can move objects just fine, but then suddenly i can't move it again. 

Will maybe did OS update too once I have the time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that also happen when you disconnect the graphic tablet and uninstall the driver?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines