• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resize anything in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably guess what my problem is from the title. Text, shapes, paths, you name it — I can't resize anything in Illustrator. I still can't see any bounding boxes, even though I tried hiding and showing them. This has been bugging me for the past half hour and I have absolutely no clue what to do, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator?

In addition to suggestions given by Monika & Steve, I'd suggest resetting the preferences of the app once.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this started just today?

WHenwas the last time you rebooted the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on Bounding Boxes or use the Scale tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator?

In addition to suggestions given by Monika & Steve, I'd suggest resetting the preferences of the app once.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines