Highlighted

Can't save an .eps that's 100% K in latest version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue saving an .eps file in Illustrator that is 100% K. I have my "Appearance of Black" preference set to output and display accurately. When I create a 100% K swatch and apply it to the object I want to save as an .eps all looks correct on my end, however when the client I am delivering this file to opens up on their end they are seeing that the file contains C M Y values when it should not. I have no idea how to fix the issue!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save an .eps that's 100% K in latest version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue saving an .eps file in Illustrator that is 100% K. I have my "Appearance of Black" preference set to output and display accurately. When I create a 100% K swatch and apply it to the object I want to save as an .eps all looks correct on my end, however when the client I am delivering this file to opens up on their end they are seeing that the file contains C M Y values when it should not. I have no idea how to fix the issue!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are they opening the file and checking the colour?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the file has an embedded profile that does not match their color settings.

Try to save the file without embedding a profile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your file set up as CMYK document?

The appearance of black doesn't have an influence on EPS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Resources