Highlighted

Can't save artboards as separate ai files

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble saving my artboards as separate ai files. I watched a tutorial on it but when I tried it myself, my Save As window grays out the "Use Artboards" checkbox. It only ungrays for eps or svg files. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Just click Save to get the option.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save artboards as separate ai files

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble saving my artboards as separate ai files. I watched a tutorial on it but when I tried it myself, my Save As window grays out the "Use Artboards" checkbox. It only ungrays for eps or svg files. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to save as Adobe Illustrator and in the options window check the "Save each artboard to a separate file"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response — I don't have that option though. I uploaded a screenshot in my initial post. My artboard checkbox is not available and I don't have the option you are talking about either. My Adobe CC is up to date as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 1
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 18.00.26.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0