Can't save file 'this file cannot be found' error

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I've been working on a file for a cople of days that's on my desktop. Today I opened the file, made some edits and hit CMD + S and saw this error...

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 9.37.05 AM.png

Things I've tried...

1. Copying the art into a new document and saving
  2. Saving the new document to different disks (all local, no servers)
  3. Creating a blank document with nothing in it and saving

Bascially, I can't save anything - has anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Ben

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
csscms AUTHOR
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no matter what you are trying to save and which name, you can't save it? And always that same error?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
csscms AUTHOR
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, that's correct. It still happens even if I quit, reopen, create a new doc and try to save it.

Will try another computer restart when I'm back at work later this morning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Drives me crazy. This is my workaround, but it's always risky: Quit illustrator via the task manager. This will (most of the time) generate file recovery information. When I open illustrator again, I can save the recovered file.

Adobe pls fix this. Your prices are awfully steep considering you make your software worse and our work harder with every update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines