Highlighted

Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We've upgraded to Illustrator CC recently and when trying to re-save an .eps file to our server we get the following message: "Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000." This occurs even though my administartor has granted me full access and privileges, and only happens to Illustrator EPS files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know OP was in 2014 but I thought a clearer answer was needed (and I also came across this issue in 2018...)

Permissions on my blank templates folder had no admin and had everyone set to read-only.

the solution i came up with is as follows.

Two options are:

Changing EVERYONE to read and write

Add ADMIN to have read and write and keep EVERYONE read-only

IMHO it is an error when the installer made or edited these folders. But seems like it is easily fixed.

If you cannot find the template folder, you can see it in the image below... at least for the current version.

Felixius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We've upgraded to Illustrator CC recently and when trying to re-save an .eps file to our server we get the following message: "Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000." This occurs even though my administartor has granted me full access and privileges, and only happens to Illustrator EPS files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know OP was in 2014 but I thought a clearer answer was needed (and I also came across this issue in 2018...)

Permissions on my blank templates folder had no admin and had everyone set to read-only.

Two options are:

IMHO it is an error when the installer made or edited these folders. But seems like it is easily fixed.

If you cannot find the template folder, you can see it in the image below... at least for the current version.

Felixius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UngerGlobal

It is recommended to save to own harddisk, then copy to server. All sorts of things may happen or not happen when you try to save to a server.

In this particualr case, you may try to make sure that your access to the server is not limited to Read Only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If I log in to a user that does not have Admin rights the error disappears.

Jacob, did you even read the first post. Save to the local drive? Errrrrrrrr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the Mac client or some of Adobe products are not handling SMB files share on Mac servers under 10.9.4 If I log into a share using AFP the problem goes away, not surprising. Under Finder select GO/Connect to server then enter this into the dialog afp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX you need to know the IP address of your server of course which you would replace the X's with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to save as AI or PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having the same problem and my son gave me this heads up: I was saving that particular document Illustrator CC 2014 to the Macintosh disk top level. I got that same awful message...not enough access privileges...and when I dragged a copy of that file to Documents, desktop or any folder really, it made a copy there and I could modify, save etc., without a problem. DON'T save your document "naked" to the top hierarchy. I then deleted the original offending document and used a copy without problems.

Yay, one problem solved. Thanks Buddy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was because the external hard drive's setting was switched to read only. As soon as I changed it I could save my work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem saving an ai file as a Template- and I'm the Administrator!

may be another bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

runninghead_design  schrieb

and I'm the Administrator!

Has nothing to do with it.

You can be the Admin and still have no access to some volumes or folders if your access privileges are messed up. This especially happens with networked volumes or with public folders. So you will need to check your access privileges.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As admin I had no problem granting myself privileges to all relevant directories but the resolve was to manually drag the saved Template file in to the Templates folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. It seems a related—but not identical—bug to the OP's. Are you on Mac or PC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it's to do with inherited folder permissions on a mac. I have no such problems on PC, but right now (on a mac) I am.

Looking at the permissions for the Templates folder ( /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2018/Cool Extras.localized/en_US/Templates ...apparently, on this machine ), it makes sense. Opening up the permissions fixed the problem (maybe a dirty fix though, since I just R&W-ed "everyone").

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two options are:

Felixius

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines