• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save the illustration ID: -54

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and I'm getting this error for the first time.

The file is imported in an After Effects CC 2018 project and it saves it only if I quit AE so I can't update the illustration on the go.

Not sure what happened but it's really annoying - I'm not going open and close the project every time I need to update the file.....

Is there anyone with a solution? (besides updating to CC 2019)

id-54.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the file located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work no problem, you hit save.. after effects automatically updates the change.

If you file is on a network (not on you local machine) then it will start to get goofy

I usually just right click the asset in AE and say 'reload' .. if you have added to the doc objects (illustrator) it will ignore those

ae issue.PNG

Helps to leave empty layers etc if you think you'll be adding stuff.  You should only have to 'reload file' (the asset) and not the entire project file/app  tehn you can add anything and it will accept it into AE

ae3.PNGae3a.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both files (.ai and .aep) are stored locally. It's really weird because I've been doing this (updating imported illustrator files) for years now....

I'm not adding new layers, just editing paths that are already there.

Apparently other .ai files imported in the same project work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue now, for the first time -- used to make changes to my illustrator file, save, then auto-update (reload) in After Effects. did you find a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is odd, there must be something in that ai file that confuses ae on import (I can't discern much from the thread.. maybe save a copy/new version of it and see if that is still causing grief)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines