Highlighted

Can`t save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000

Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m getting this error when trying to save a template to my local drive (File > save as template...)  Using MacOS sierra 10.12.4

I`m ok with saving out a normal .ai file, but not the template...have restarted illustrator with same issue when trying to save as template.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 5.01.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 4.58.12 pm.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Check your access privileges. Are you an admin?

Can you save the template somewhere else and then move it into that folder? Also: templates can be saved anywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can`t save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000

Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m getting this error when trying to save a template to my local drive (File > save as template...)  Using MacOS sierra 10.12.4

I`m ok with saving out a normal .ai file, but not the template...have restarted illustrator with same issue when trying to save as template.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 5.01.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 4.58.12 pm.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Can you save the template somewhere else and then move it into that folder? Also: templates can be saved anywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes under "users and groups" I am the logged in admin (and owner) of the mac.

ok I can save the template to the desktop...I prefer it in its default location though, but thanks Monika.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you move it to that location later?

Can you check your access privileges on the computer? There is a check and repair tool in the Mac Utilities.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep I can move it there afterwards,

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.04.53 am.png

here are my mac functions, I dont know where to check access privileges, only see that I am able to login as admin, and when I moved the test template into the folder it asked for admin password which I entered..

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.03.56 am.png

here are my admin settings and some of the utilities available.. I went to mac System preferences > users&groups

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.01.45 am.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, the access information seems ok.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 5.32.15 pm.png

others have had problems with this method though, from user feedback, although thats Osx Lion, long gone.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 5.28.14 pm.png

I haven`t tried the Terminal approach, but i`ll leave that for now as i`m not familiar with the back end and even though if I follow the instructions, if something goes wrong system wide i`m stuffed, this mac is mission critical for me. The template issue I can work around. Thanks Monika.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem today (Aug 12, 2020) and my work around:
- Save the template to the desktop

- Open Finder
- Search for & open Templates folder in AI (there are 4 Template folders on my laptop in other apps)
- Drag the template icon into the Finder
- Input my password credentials to allow the move

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines