• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save the illustration.

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, that the whole error message whenever I try saving, saving a copy, or exporting any file to whatever format. There are no checkboxes like normal to go through after selecting where and the file name I'm saving. I click save after picking its destination and name, and the next box is a tiny window that states "Can't save illustration". No accompanying error code to follow through on.

Any idea what's happening? I'm using CS6 and never had this issue before. PS and InD work so all I can do at the moment is copy the data across and make them save for now. Not ideal.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a Windows update occured recently that may coincide with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my memory but I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen regardless of where you save (i.e. network, local drive)?

Does it happen with new files?

Are you also using PS and ID CS6?

It's possible that Windows broke compatibility somewhere. I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion, but CS6 is no longer supported, and it may happen over time as Windows updates itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it doesn’t matter where I save it.

I have tried with new and old files.

Both PS and ID are CS6 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens wherever I save it.

It happens with new and old files.

PS and ID are CS6 also.

If that's the case that windows broke compatibility, what are my options? Seems ridiculous that expensive software is only supported for a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you roll back Windows updates to a point where it worked before? Worth a try to eliminate a possibility if so.

Your main option (if it works) is to stop updating your system.

CS6 was supported from 2012 till around 2017. Something will permanently break it eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't think that's the reason as it works fine on other Windows machines and I haven't noticed it coincide with an update. There's something that makes the File tab run really slowly, but nothing else in the software. I think it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not officially compatible with Windows 10.

Is a printer connected with the computer? The printer set up as the default printer and turned on? Also: the printer driver updated? Wndows is known for messing with printer drivers when updating, so please double check and then triple check and maybe just reset the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No printing issues, just saving ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes .....

Illustrator saves information about the printer into the file. If it can't find a printer, it will act funky. But if you don't want to check that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never would have guessed that as an issue. I will have to check when I'm near a printer again. Thanks for the idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot the obvious also: have you tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of CS6 running on Windows 10, v. 16.0.3 (64-bit). I don’t use it often but just checked it on seeing your post but I’m not having any problems and saving files is working correctly. Have you tried running the program in administrator or compatibility mode? Have you done a full disk clean-up recently to get rid of temporary files and so on? My Windows 10 version is 21H1, but there is a newer version I haven’t installed yet. In 2016, Microsoft said Adobe CS6 is not compatible with Windows 10 operating system but I used to run it then before upgrading to CC and never had any problems. Please let us know if you figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often clean up disk files, but I can try that again. To be honest, there aren't many files I keep on here. I think I run it in administrator mode, how can I check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m assuming you’ve done a full shut down and startup of your system but that didn’t fix the problem. First, check your task manager to make sure you don’t have any Adobe products running in the background that might be causing a conflict. Close any other programs to eliminate any conflicts. Then, from the start menu, right click the Illustrator icon and select from the menu “more” > “run as administrator.” It’s worth a shot!

sample-z.jpg

Also, did you try running it in Compatibility mode yet? To do that:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Adobe Illustrator.
  2. Select and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Open file location.
  3. Select and hold (or right-click) the program file, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
  4. Select Run compatibility troubleshooter.

sample-aa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I see you've tried multiple troubleshooting steps. I also agree with Monika that Adobe Illustrator CS6 is not compatible with Windows 10. I'd recommend upgrading the app to the latest version.
If you do not wish to do that, you may try creating a new user profile on your machine & see how Illustrator works there.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines