Highlighted

Can't scale images when Perspective grid is on in Illustrator 2020 on Mac OS

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to click on an image and the blue bounding box would appear, then I could drag a corner to scale the image. But now, that blue box is gone and never comes back up. I also don't have the option to edit the images. All I can do is move them. Attaching sceenschots. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.30.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.31.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.30.45 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't scale images when Perspective grid is on in Illustrator 2020 on Mac OS

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to click on an image and the blue bounding box would appear, then I could drag a corner to scale the image. But now, that blue box is gone and never comes back up. I also don't have the option to edit the images. All I can do is move them. Attaching sceenschots. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.30.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.31.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.30.45 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the Selction tool (V)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Didn't work. It still only lets me move it, but not scale or adjust it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your screendumps you have the Direct selection tool selected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. But that is because I tried the select tool first, and it didn't work. Then I tried direct select. Then I went back to the select tool. I've also tried turning off/on evey grid, guide, ruler, and tool through the view menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try to get out of the Perspective Grid 

View > Perspective Grid > Hide Grid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make any difference if you use the toggle Cmd(Ctrl)-Shift-B? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the perspective grid worked to scale the items. The boxes around the photo are whatever color assigned to that layer, instead of them all being blue. Does that matter or need to change? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Larry, toggling Cmd, shift, B didn't do it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you can scale the image now.

I have no idea what happened, it should not matter if the Perspective grid is visible or not.

It does matter that the Bounding box is visible.

And, yes the boxes around the image have the layer color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ton has already answered all your questions. You should be able to scale images even when the perspective grid on. In your free time, please try following these steps and share your observations with us:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? Try creating a new file and check how it works there.
  • If that works the same way, try resetting preferences for Illustrator by following these steps:

Close all Adobe applications.

Go to locations

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

~/Library/Preferences

Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old

Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0