Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see anchor to grab

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Quite often, within a complex image, and zoomed out to see the entire image, I can't click on the "center" anchor point (usually on the shorter side). I'm always forced to zoom in closer to the object I wish to change just for the anchor to appear. Then I must zoom out to see where I can pull it. Meaning, I have a long rectangle. I wish to stretch it by grabbing the center anchor from the sides outward. I click on the rectangle but, zoomed out, I can only see the corner anchor points. In most cases, even if I put my cursor near the shorter side center anchor, the icon defaults to either the corner anchor or to the rotation icon. I have to zoom in for the center anchor to appear. Is there a trick (keystroke) to being able to grab the center anchor point when I'm zoomed out if I can't see it? Below is an illustration of what I mean. I hope it's clear. In this case, it's an upright rectangle, the shorter sides are on top and bottom. Thank you, Al

Anchor-Image.jpg

 

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

In cases like this one it is often more beneficial to use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut is the E key) to scale the objects, rather than using the Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In cases like this one it is often more beneficial to use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut is the E key) to scale the objects, rather than using the Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, thats the case! Higher resolution monitor helps, as well as zoom level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines