Highlighted

Can't see any of my work in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trouble 2.jpgI need help. I've been working on a project and last night the art boards went white and all my work disappeared. I can still see all my work in the layers pannel, but I can't select any of them. I have no idea what is going on. I've restarted the program and it still pops up this way. I also restarted my computer and that didn't help either. I can open other projects/files just fine in Illustrator, but not this file. This is hours of work. I really hope someone can help me get it back. I've put a picture below of what it looks like when I open the file. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

The main layer is hidden in the layers panel.

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't see any of my work in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trouble 2.jpgI need help. I've been working on a project and last night the art boards went white and all my work disappeared. I can still see all my work in the layers pannel, but I can't select any of them. I have no idea what is going on. I've restarted the program and it still pops up this way. I also restarted my computer and that didn't help either. I can open other projects/files just fine in Illustrator, but not this file. This is hours of work. I really hope someone can help me get it back. I've put a picture below of what it looks like when I open the file. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Outline view.

Select View > Preview

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I changed it, but my work still isn't showing up on the art boards. trouble 2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screendump still shows Outline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I went to view and hit preview.  It appears to be stuck in that mode? 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outline.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Ctrl Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried clicking it under view and preview, I then tried cntl y and then I tried cntl and clicking on the little eye ball in the layers pannel. Nothing took it out of outline view. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the problem! Thank you sooo much! I have it all back! The main layer got hidden somehow. I'm so glad it was an easy fix! You both rock! Thanks so much for both your help! ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines