• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select delete anchor point tool at all!!!!!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To delete an anchor point:

Select the Pen tool or the Delete Anchor Point tool and click over the anchor point. Note: The Pen tool changes to Delete Anchor Point tool as you position it over an anchor point.

Select the point with the Direct Selection tool and click Remove Selected Anchor Points in the Control panel.

Doesn't f***** work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you post these instructions like it's natively set up like that you mf*****. I can't find any instructions on how to get that tool in the pen area. Thats my fault Adobe I should just know shouldn't I? Wasting my time with your product

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Firstly: is this option ticked in preferences?

Screenshot 2021-06-25 083040.png

Secondly: if you want the delete anchor point tool in the toolbar, either --

a) Drag it from the tools list to the toolbar

b) Choose the advanced toolbar under Window > Toolbars > Advanced

Thirdly, you should be able to see the Remove Selected Anchor Points button in the Control Bar (Window > Control) or the Properties Panel (Window > Properties):
Screenshot 2021-06-25 083416.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are primarily user Fora, so you are mainly talking to fellow users of Adobe products.

But that is probably just as well considering your outburst. 

Also you may want to familiarize yourself with how to take proper screenshots and post them (using the »Insert Photos«-button) instead of attaching them. 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Please provide a meaningful description of your problem and the screenshots to illustrate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: The Pen tool changes to Delete Anchor Point tool as you position it over an anchor point.

Seems to work just fine here. 

illustratorPenToolDeleteAnchorPoint.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly: is this option ticked in preferences?

Screenshot 2021-06-25 083040.png

Secondly: if you want the delete anchor point tool in the toolbar, either --

a) Drag it from the tools list to the toolbar

b) Choose the advanced toolbar under Window > Toolbars > Advanced

Thirdly, you should be able to see the Remove Selected Anchor Points button in the Control Bar (Window > Control) or the Properties Panel (Window > Properties):
Screenshot 2021-06-25 083416.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saviour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you. I've used all sorts of art programs, and by far illustrator is the most cumbersome to deal with unless you are used to working on a macintrash.  Remember that the general public was never meant to use it on their own in the first place--which is why it is such a pain in the first place. But the remove anchor point functionality to begin with, why do we need a separate tool for that anyway, there should just be a modifier for it, like every other function, when dealing with what should be called "edit mode". But no such luck, everything--and I mean everything--is designed in such a way as to make it as annoying as humanly possible and at the same time kissing the buns of the established albeit exclusive community (or perhaps the other way around?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the pen tool's auto add/delete not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines