Highlighted

Can you disable the export functions from triggering the need to re-save the file?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup:

If I open any of my saved Illustrator files and simply 'export for web' and make no other changes, Illustrator automatically signifies that there is a change to the file (example.ai*) requiring me to now go through the save dialogue box to exit the file. 

This can be incredibly annoying since my job requires me to open many old files and re-export for the web while making no new changes to the file. To me, it would seem that an export of a file, with zero changes to the file, shouldn't trigger the * requiring a save action. The weird thing about it as well is that I can hit cmd+z and the * will go away letting me close the file without saving.

I hope this makes sense.

Question:

Can you disable the export functions from triggering the need to re-save the file?

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup:

If I open any of my saved Illustrator files and simply 'export for web' and make no other changes, Illustrator automatically signifies that there is a change to the file (example.ai*) requiring me to now go through the save dialogue box to exit the file. 

This can be incredibly annoying since my job requires me to open many old files and re-export for the web while making no new changes to the file. To me, it would seem that an export of a file, with zero changes to the file, shouldn't trigger the * requiring a save action. The weird thing about it as well is that I can hit cmd+z and the * will go away letting me close the file without saving.

I hope this makes sense.

Question:

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you record an action to batch export your files? if you still get the save window you can also incorporate the undo command.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines