• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you see further back in your file history than the "open recent files panel?"

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some sort of master log of files that can be opened that goes further back than the list in the File>Open Recent Files tab? I am trying to figure out where I saved an illustrator file and it is like finding a needle in a haystack. I have opened too may other illustrator files to see it in my recent history. Please help! You would think there would be some sort of directory within the Illustrator program files saved on my computer that I could go into to see this. I have CS6.

TOPICS
Feature request , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel your pain. I've pretty much never deleted a peice of work since i started 25 years ago. so finding work can take longer than doing the job sometimes!  

You can change the number of items that are kept in the recent files list under the preferences, but this wont affect previously opened items beyond where you are currently at i'm afraid.

Best bet is probably to just set up some smart search folders in Finder (Mac) or explorer? on PC.

you just need to search from the top level drive so it searches the whole computer / all drives and volumes etc, then add some criteria. file type .ai / date last modified within 'x' number of days / weeks etc. and you should be able to whittle it down a bit.

you sometimes need to swap between date last modified, and date created depending on whether your computer is playing ball, as it will sometimes only show files that have been created and then modified and saved again, sometime it will do the opposite.

The file usually turns up in the 'wrong' folder having been accidentally saved to the location of the previous project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines