• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel Illustrator thinking process without crashing it

Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saving PDF from Illustrator, but it takes forever and I do not know if it ever finishes. 
Can I stop this process without crashing Illustrator from task manager and perhaps losing some data?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't cancel a saving process from outside the application. There is a risk of losing data.

How large is the file, which options for the PDF, where are you saving it, which system and which version is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Monika, would you mind sharing if this behavior happens with a specific file or all? Are you trying to export file on a network drive?

Additionally, please try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are rather large. Cartographic map. 50MB.
Illustrator is 2021 in windows, but that is not important because random crashing and freezing and all kind of wierd behaviours have not changed last 10 years what ever computer or version or size of files I use.
Ashutosh_Mishras help links interesting part was about working on network drive. Pershaps I can read more about that.
I mostly work on network drive. I know this process stoping thing is a long shot and I do not know how processes work. Is saving PDF process separate from Illustrator.exe process in some special system view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does it get better when you don't work on the network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I does not make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines