• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation and refund issue

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed up to illustrator 13 months ago for a trial.

Never downloaded the app and forgot about the trial.

13 months later and I realise I have been charged almost £260.

You could argue that technically Adobe did nothing wrong, I agreed to the terms and should pay the consequence. 

HOWEVER.

The same happened with Amazon Prime a few years ago, I called up, apologised and they checked to see if I had been using the services, I had not, so they immediately refunded me.

This makes sense.  Why would a company want to charge for a service they have not provided?

Adobe's response was basically 'tough luck, no refund'.  As if they had caught me out and were pleased with it.  If they checked my activity, they would see I have not used or even downloaded illustrator.

In addition, I never received an email updating me regarding the change from a trial to a subscription.  Yet they email you about evey other thing you could think of.  This seems a bit sinister.

As companies go, Adobe do not care what you think of their morals, because you're just one of many who need their service to survive.  They can charge whatever, whenever and if you want to complain, you'll have to do it to a faceless, chat service that can end your chat whenever they feel like it.

Not happy. Will be ending all Adobe subscriptions.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact Adobe live support via chat on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html , click on chat icon at bottom right to begin the conversation.
You may also contact using phone. Please find contact information on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support by e-mail and escalate the issue until you get to someone who feels responsible. If it was never activated, then that can be verified server-side. Of course you legally still have no claim, but someoen may feel generous and at least partially refund you.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, 

Thanks for your response. 

Which support email are you refering to?  The live support via chat is only covered by people who can not make managerial decisions.  The responses are often copy and pasted. 

Kind regards

Ro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact Adobe live support via chat on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html , click on chat icon at bottom right to begin the conversation.
You may also contact using phone. Please find contact information on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ro, 

I'm going through a similae issue. I've been trying to get in touch with a manager for weeks now and they just keep telling me to wait 24hrs and i'll get a call back. The first time I got a called, the rep stated he was the mananger and then I realized he wasn't. They were basically BS'ing me. I have yet to speak with a manager. I would not recommend using adobe. They're representatices are scammers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I am also requesting for a refund for 3 months subscription for a service they did not provide and did not used. The customer service told me that he can't cancel my plan.. and there are no devices activated based on my account when i chacked bec. I'm not using it..

I've been telling customer service to refund and cancel subscription bac. my credit card is already cancelled an I can't pay for the service they did not provide. But the customer service had been informing me that he will just send me a tutorial.. 😞 I told him many times I can't pay for it and I need to re-allocate my remaining funds while still looking for work. 

I've been trying to cancel my subscription via the customer service chat and through manual cancellation but failed so many times. Can anyone help me pleas... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines