Cancelling the yearly plan, paid monthly, after a month of commercial use - allowed? Actual cost?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I neeeded Adobe Illustrator for a one-time work project, meaning a commercial license was required.
I thought a monthly license would be enough - but I bought the yearly plan instead, by mistake.
So I paid less upfront, but will have to keep paying in the next months, even though I likely won't need a commercial AI license anymore...unless the cancel.

I want 1)to be sure I am not violating the license 2)know beforehand how much this will cost me.
The terms of use are not 100% clear on this.

I assume I can't cancel and get a refund using the 14-days clause, since I used the software commercially (but please correct me if wrong).

But I could cancel after a month of commercial use (even though I paid upfront less than I would have with the single-month plan), presumably.
However, I noticed this: 
"Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged a lump sum amount of 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period."
Does this mean I have to pay for 5.5 months? That sounds harsh.

If that is the case, what are my options if I want to 1)respect the limitations on commercial use 2)pay as little as possible?
Could I cancel the subscription before the 14 days are up, then immediately buy a single-month license (to pay for the commercial work I did)?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS If there had been a "pay for a single week of use" or even "pay for X days" option, I might have used that. Again, this was for a one-time project. Maybe consider this a suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be worth contacting Adobe directly about account and billing issues, and/or posting on the Account, Payment and Plan board rather than the Illustrator one.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/bd-p/account-payment-and-plan?page=1&sort=latest...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I posted there, and I'd like if a moderator could remove this thread (maybe I can report it myself)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines