• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit template puppet (Kaufman)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Kaufman puppet and in Character Animator I clicked "Edit Original" to try and edit the color of his arm t-shirt and horns. I used the Direct Selection arrow to select his arm but I wasn't able to select just the purple portion of his arm. When I use the Direct Selection tool on his arm the sleeve, arm and hand are selected as one unit/piece and I cannot change the color of any part of that unit. Any additional suggestions? It seems I can only move elements around or resize them. Is there a way to edit Kaufman's colors? Thanks! 

Topics

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of what you see (please include the layers panel) and post a link to the puppet download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "Edit Original" the Kaufman puppet opens as "KaufmanFLAT.psd" in Ai. When I use the Direct Selection Tool and click on the R Arm a bounding box appears over the entire right arm as in the picture below. I clicked on the Eyedropper Tool and selected a color to try and change the sleeve/arm color but the bounding box stays around the entire R Arm. I cannot select any one area. 

silverbunny8_0-1598116403283.png

I downloaded the Kaufman puppet from the Okay Samurai puppet page. The link is here: 

http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/Kaufman.puppet 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Photoshop file.

It looks like either Character Animator or your system has the wrong file association (I'm not quite sure which one of them handles this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines