• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move selected objects in illustrator all of a sudden

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a document, added an image, traced it, deleted what was not needed and tried to move the new vector item. The spinning ball appears when ever I try to move anything I deleted and try to move. The ball will spin, then I get the clock sound, like no no you can't do that. Anything I select, gets the spinning ball and denial.  I was using photoshop today with no issues and. The only application I have open is illustrator. I am using 25.2.3 on my MacBook Pro. 

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pklosterman73,

does this error also occur on other files or only with a specific file? Have you tried to reset Adobe Ilustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save As and turn off pdf compatible
Your file will get smaller, immediately putting less stress on this and possibly resolving the issue 

Then try to move your item

If the spinning ball still comes up, please post a screenshot, so we can see if you have an issue maybe with a corrupt font, stray points, nested symbol, etc

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (Mac)

• Quit Illustrator (100% you must do this)
  • Finder >> Go (hold down option to show hidden) >> library 
  • Preferences >> Adobe  >> (Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old
  • Library- >> Caches >> com.(Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old
  • Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> (Program Name) rename to (Program Name) .old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines