• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select Artboards during export

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very upset with the fact that I can no longer select the Artboards in Illustrator when exporting FILES!

The selection is now grayed out!

I recently had to upgrade to OSX Sierra because of a scanner issue with PhotoShop and now I have been screwed using Illustrator!

Is there a simple answer for this as I not going to buy into the Creative Cloud ripoff scams, which I personally think is a filthy greedy travesty and Adobe users should revolt!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

It's a problem with Sierra. Couple of things to try. Narrow the dialog window of try using the toggle arrow at the right of the Save As: dropdown box. It should give you a different dialog which should have the Use Artboards option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

webzight,

Unfortunately, many have found that their CS version (which is yours?) fails to work with Sierra (some have it work).

Are you quite sure about the necessity to go Sierra?

You may be happier rolling back, especially if you have Time Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a late 2011 macbook pro with Sierra and Ai CC 17

Here is how to export Artboards:

expartbds1.jpg

expartbds2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMGAP

I guess you did not read the part where I plainly stated that the Artboards area IS NOT available to me and is GRAYED out, I.E, it will not let me select same and 'Use Artboards' does not even show up anymore!!

I had been using this feature excessively BEFORE I upgraded to Sierra!

Thanks anyway trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem with Sierra. Couple of things to try. Narrow the dialog window of try using the toggle arrow at the right of the Save As: dropdown box. It should give you a different dialog which should have the Use Artboards option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have 1 artboard I found a work around.

Create another artboard, and then in the dialogue box it will be auto selected on artboards. You can then also change the range of artboards that are exported to get exactly what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too (Artboard option greyed out on Save As dialog box) but figured this out

(I am using latest CC Illustrator on Windows)

I found that under File > Save As the defaults to use .AI and for whatever reason .AI format isnt supported but if you switch File Type it'll work

I found PDF doesnt actually export individual files (makes each artboard its own page), but SVG does

So basically its a workaround but you can export to EPS/PDF/SVG this way, just not to .AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines