Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select Batch in Actions menu, it's greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to follow this instruction: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/automation-actions.html#play_an_action_on_a_batch_of_files

But get stick at the first instruction because i cannot select Batch at the bottom of the Actions menu. Anyone has any idea?

Regards, Ronald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

You should be able to choose Batch... from the Actions panel menu without a file open.

Did you already try to reset your Preferences (don't forget to first save your actions)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

I found out you can also use your images traces presets from illustrator in Adobe bridge (Extra -> Illustrator -> Image trace). So i converted all the png's to Ai files with this adobe bridge feature and then used a badge action inside illustrator to convert the ai's to svg's

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if yucan tell us what you have. What kind of files, what kind of actions, which system, version, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recorded an action that converts a png file to a svg. It does an image-trace and then exports the file. 

So i've no file opened, and want to convert a folder with png's in a batch to svg's. 

I have the latest version of Illustrator from the Adobe creative cloud installed on windows which is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Batch action in Bridge to do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to choose Batch... from the Actions panel menu without a file open.

Did you already try to reset your Preferences (don't forget to first save your actions)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. After restarting Illustrator i could access the batch command.

I've done some testing and it looks like the preset selection i make in the image-trace panel is not recorded into the action. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that worked. Yes custom presets cannot be recorded.

Maybe this answer helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/batch-image-trace-with-transparent-background/m-p/1121089...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out you can also use your images traces presets from illustrator in Adobe bridge (Extra -> Illustrator -> Image trace). So i converted all the png's to Ai files with this adobe bridge feature and then used a badge action inside illustrator to convert the ai's to svg's

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I found myself having the same problem as you do and so I just want to share how I solved this little problem as it isn't illustrator problem.

So by following the instruction and starting to record an action then we move to choose Batch from the Actions panel menu but it grayed out. The only reason it is grayed out is that the action is still recording, having stopped yet. Just stop the record and everything is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines