• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Select, edit, hide or delete text in Adobe Illustrator CC version 24.2.3

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding text and overlaying on a rectangle, the text becomes frozen. The text behaves as if locked; does not highlight when hovering with selection tool, nor does it respond while hovering with text tool. I have triple checked to make sure it is not locked, and it is not! I have tried to click and drag to select, and have locked everything else but the frozen text and still nothing. I have even tried to hide the text via the layers panel, but no response, the text remains visible. On some occasion, the text disappears on its own; it appears on the layers panel, but is invisible and non-responsive on artboard! On other occasions, the text is responsive, but it is very difficult to select, only responidng when hovering cursor over the center of collection of text.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? Have not had this issue before

P.S. I am running Illustrator on Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not usual. Is it happening on a specific document or all?

You may try resetting the preferences once and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not usual. Is it happening on a specific document or all?

You may try resetting the preferences once and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines