• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant drag (copy) an object from one illustrator tab to another after updating to CC 2020 24.3?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

In the past I have always been able to simply drag objects from one tab to another and a copy is made? I have recently updated and now this function does not seem to work?

Any Ideas?

All help appriciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with John here. You may try resetting preferences of the app once. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrato

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in Mac Mojave.

Which system do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yeah its fine on my MacBook Pro, but doesnt work on windows 10 pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me on Win version 24.3. Can you please try to tile documents (from Window->Arrange. Tile) and drag object on  canvas of next document? Does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I dont seem to have arrange under the windows tab? I can un-dock one document and then it works but not when the tabs are within one window? This always worked before.... until i updated?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that dragging an object from the visible artboard to the tab of another open file produces no result. But, I've never done that as a matter of practice, so I've never seen it work that way first-hand.

"I dont seem to have arrange under the windows tab?"

Windows tab? Arrange > Tile should appear near the top of the Window menu. If not, you may need a preferences reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with John here. You may try resetting preferences of the app once. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

If this doesn't help, you may try disabling GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines