Highlighted

Cant get continuous colour blend in logo type after minus pathfinder is used

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to build a logotype in illustrator 2019. I have the type going from a dark grey on the left to a burnt orange on the right. Each letter (6 of them) connect to the next excluding two (2).  To create the gap required I have used the pathfinder tool to punch out the gap needed. However when I do this it seems to split the logotype into two separate objects and blends from grey to orange on one object and then the same for the other object. I am not sure how to get it to go across the whole thing as one complete blend.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant get continuous colour blend in logo type after minus pathfinder is used

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to build a logotype in illustrator 2019. I have the type going from a dark grey on the left to a burnt orange on the right. Each letter (6 of them) connect to the next excluding two (2).  To create the gap required I have used the pathfinder tool to punch out the gap needed. However when I do this it seems to split the logotype into two separate objects and blends from grey to orange on one object and then the same for the other object. I am not sure how to get it to go across the whole thing as one complete blend.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select all your letters and make a compound path (Ctrl + 8), does it work then? If not, please show your objects and the layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Resources