• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant horizontal scroll in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new lenovo pc laptop after some driver updates, double checking, and googling I still cant scroll horizontally. Vertical is fine, scrolling is no issue on the rest of the computer just inside illustrator. Kind of important as this relates to my job and i work in large files. I've seen other people with the same issues but havent seen any answers as of yet. Has anyone solved it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

I know this is an old post, but I was having this issue and I figured out what was causing it. (At least on my system.)  I had recently changed my Windows Taskbar to auto-hide.  That seems to have been the cause.  When I changed the taskbar settings so that it does not auto-hide, the horizontal scroll bar started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure of a fix to bring back a scroll bar, but could you use the Spacebar to bring up the Hand Tool which would then allow you to grab the artboard and move the image to the section you want to view?

As an alternative to that you could have the Navigator Panel open so you can quickly click to the area you want to have visible on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify the scroll bar is there, its just that I can only scroll vertical with the touchpad not horizontal or diagonal. Works fine in every other app except illustrator, even photoshop lets me horizontally scroll. Bringing up the hand too to grab and move does not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell about your device, but on a Microsoft Surface this works.

Which version and system do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windwos 10 on a Lenovo Y720 Latoptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues. I cannot scroll horizontally in Illustrator. Using the space bar to bring up the hand tool and using the two finger gesture on the mouse pad is not working. 

I am however able to scroll vertically and I am able to use the vertical and horizontal scroll in all other programs. Please this needs to be fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do tell me if this gets fixed! And what kind of mouse you are using? I am having exactly the same issue...! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Horizontal Scroll Not Working. Windows 10 HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx. The horizontal scroll works on other apps and on Photoshop. The horizontal scroll only does not work on Illustrator. This is a new install because I am having my macbook pro repaired because I scratched my screen. On my mac the horizontal scroll works fine. The other problems I noticed on both my mac and the new PC install is the alignment distribute input unit of measurement does not show up sometimes. If I toggle the show/hide bounding box it fixes it. Also on both my mac and PC when i select a key object without the alignment panel being open the distribute input field is not active until I deselect the key object and then re-select the key object for the distribute input field to become active for input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you ever resolved this, just answering for anyone else like me who came to this page looking for horizontal scroll help. Mouse scroll wheel = vertical scroll (Mac Command Button) + Mouse scroll wheel = horizontal scroll. Might try Ctrl-Scroll-Wheel on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my HP Desktop, Intel Core 7, Windows 10, Adobe Illustrator 2021 (CS25?) I can scroll horizontally with Ctrl+Windows Key and the trhe mouse wheel. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but I was having this issue and I figured out what was causing it. (At least on my system.)  I had recently changed my Windows Taskbar to auto-hide.  That seems to have been the cause.  When I changed the taskbar settings so that it does not auto-hide, the horizontal scroll bar started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines