Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import preferences in illustrator 2020

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kind people

Ive just updated to the lastest illustrator. Am trying to import my settings, so Edit > My settings> Import Settings. 

When I chose the saved settings file it says its not correct : Can anybody help me please?not valid.JPG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay its suddenly started working for some reason. Not sure how to delete this post though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a word of caution though abourt saving settings from previous versions. For many people this is not a good idea since when the programs are updated coding within them changes and old preferences files may not react the same way with the new version, causing unpredictable results. It has been my own experience that the option to Import previous preferences and settings that is offered during the install never works well. Starting each version with fresh preferences cuts down on a lot of potential grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay, so do you mean you have to start from scratch and re do all of the settings? I have a lot of live trace settings that I have made, which are a pain to do again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some settings work better than others.

Here's where they all go. You can try and place them into their location one by one and see what works. http://vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, another Adobe glitch that still does not work.

I still get the same error...........

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.27.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. This is expected if you were trying to import settings from Illustrator v24.x.x to v25.x.x. However, if you try importing settings from 25.3.1 to 25.4.1, you will not get this.

Let us know if that is not the case. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines