Highlighted

Cant install extend script

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am not sure if this is the proper location for this. I posted in the javascript forum and was told to try here. I also searched the forums and could not find a good support answer. So I use Creative cloud at work, but I can not seem to download the extend script program. I had it installed and have been having no problem. All of a sudden I get random crashes from the extend script and Now I can no longer open it. I downloaded the only version I could find (3.5) and when I try to install it it tells me I am missing a file and to download a "Adobe Service Advisor" the two longer exists. any idea what I can do? also I am on Mac and I have already cleared out everything I could find about extend script on the computer. Also it no longer shows up in the creative cloud app.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

they hid the direct download in the CC app. Check this thread for instructions to make it show and a direct download to the latest version.

Re: How can I install the ExtendScript toolkit?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant install extend script

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am not sure if this is the proper location for this. I posted in the javascript forum and was told to try here. I also searched the forums and could not find a good support answer. So I use Creative cloud at work, but I can not seem to download the extend script program. I had it installed and have been having no problem. All of a sudden I get random crashes from the extend script and Now I can no longer open it. I downloaded the only version I could find (3.5) and when I try to install it it tells me I am missing a file and to download a "Adobe Service Advisor" the two longer exists. any idea what I can do? also I am on Mac and I have already cleared out everything I could find about extend script on the computer. Also it no longer shows up in the creative cloud app.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

they hid the direct download in the CC app. Check this thread for instructions to make it show and a direct download to the latest version.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled upon this solution a few moments ago...

From InDesign, I opened the Scripts panel and right-clicked on a .jsx file and chose edit. ExtendScript Toolkit then installed itself.

I am using Adobe CC (2018)

Maybe someone else can verify this works for them also...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2018 4
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked. A work associate was having problems installing ESTK and this worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

also available for Windows and Mac OS X a substitute for the ESTK:

https://medium.com/adobetech/extendscript-debugger-for-visual-studio-code-1-0-1-windows-compatible-c...

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 2
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting this URL because I was unable to install ESTK on High Sierra and this worked for me:
http://docs.squarebox.com/faqs/adobe-panel/Adobe-ExtendScript-Toolkit-Will-Not-Install.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Resources