***Cant Scroll through fonts using arrow keys

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to preview different fonts in AI i am unable to scroll through them using the arrow keys, it just doesnt move... can anyone tell me whats wrong? im sure its pretty simple but i have no idea how to fix it...if it can be fixed... oh im using cs3 and a mac on os x leopard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

***Cant Scroll through fonts using arrow keys

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to preview different fonts in AI i am unable to scroll through them using the arrow keys, it just doesnt move... can anyone tell me whats wrong? im sure its pretty simple but i have no idea how to fix it...if it can be fixed... oh im using cs3 and a mac on os x leopard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2008 0
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. This is a feature that works on the Windows versions, but does not work on the Mac Versions.

And no, it hasn't changed in CS4 either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2008 0
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "And no, it hasn't changed in CS4 either."

And that's just bloody ridiculous.

:(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2008 0
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add a post script.... it hasn't been changed in the late beta version of CS4 I've seen. I can't speak directly for the shipping version. But I agree, it should have been fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2008 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought it was a problem. Click on the Font Menu arrow in the character palette. You get a font list that extends from top to bottom of your screen. There are little arrows at the top and bottom of the list. Mouseover these arrows and the list scrolls. Move the mouse over the list and it stops scrolling so that you can select the font you want. At least that's the way it works on CS2. Suits me fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2008 0
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a font in your list is highlighted first, Then you can toggle using the arrow keys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2008 0
Resources