• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Category axis in graphs changes to left-aligned in Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an odd little problem with CC2020. The category axis in my graphs (bars or line) changes to left-aligned, 12-point Myriad when I make small adjustments to the graph design. Even after I change the font to something else, one small change to either the data or the design (something like custom markers) forces the category axis to revert to the 12-point, left-aligned Myriad. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Let us help you with this. Could you please provide a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator.
  • A few screenshots or a small video showing your workflow? Please share the complete workflow, how the graph was created initially.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document/ graph? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.15.6 (Catalina), Illustrator 24.2.3

1. Graph created from data copied and pasted from Excel, new graph object, Type is Myriad, 19.13 points

category-axis-1.png

2. With entire graph selected, type is changed to Roboto Condensed, 7 points. Group Selection tool is used to shift type (now smaller) into correct position.

category-axis-2.png

3. Changing one aspect of graph style — adding custom markers — forces X axis (category Axis) to change to 12-point, left-aligned Myriad. (Value axis remains Roboto, but shifts back to original position.)

category-axis-3.png

4. Whether category axis type is changed to 7-point Roboto Condensed, center-aligned or Command-Z to undo the marker design, any edit made to the Data window results in the Category Axis text turning back into 12-point, left-aligned Myriad.

category-axis-4.png

Creating a simpler, random chart with seven data points did NOT produce this problem. But my students reported the issue was happening on their machones, too, when we were creating the chart shown in these examples.

The Excel-to-Illustrator workflow and the steps for changing graph style I have used frequently for many years ... haven't ever run into this problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried making paragraph styles?

Group select the axis labels and assign the paragraph styles you create. I havent had any issue with my text reverting after doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines