• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries glitch - Randomly placing items on its own.

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, this happens on both illustrator and InDesign as far as I know and both seem to place CC library objects apparently randomly as I have failed to recreate the glitch and has even done it without any keystrokes. 

It seems to place a CC object along as a CC object is on the artboard. Once it places an object, it will then place it again in the exact coordinates every single time and then place 2 objects then 4 then 8 then 16 etc.

It even tries to place when all layers are locked.

I really need some help with this, I have uninstalled and updated all versions multiple times and no luck!

I have attached a video for an example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_KFvmpMbY

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recorded another video of it duplicating within the LOCKED layer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSYqzac9_34&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Would you mind sharing the version of the Illustrator? Is Windows & Creative Cloud app updated to the latest version? Does it happen with a specific file or all?
This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

It had been a single file every time, however, that could be because it was last used as its a file I used often. The other day it was the first time it was a different file (one I had used recently)

My Ai. is 25.0.1

Id. is 16.0.1

and CC is 5.3.1.470

Thank you,

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just been testing out a few things,

- It is the most recent asset

- If you have multiple documents open, each document will duplicate in the background.

- Indesign I get an error message "Either the File does not exist, you do not have permission"

- If you ignore the problem, it will keep duplicating until it crashes illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ashutosh_Mishra 

Hi Ashutosh, any luck with this.

Sorry to be a pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines