Highlighted

CC Library Color switching from Process to Spot

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a cmyk color library in Illustrator. I made sure the colors were global and process colors.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.34.17 AM.png

I saved the color library and opened up a new file.

When I use the color library in a new file, the colors are importing as spot colors, not process.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.36.17 AM.png

Does anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC Library Color switching from Process to Spot

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a cmyk color library in Illustrator. I made sure the colors were global and process colors.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.34.17 AM.png

I saved the color library and opened up a new file.

When I use the color library in a new file, the colors are importing as spot colors, not process.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.36.17 AM.png

Does anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see the same thing.

someone seems to have already reported it as a bug:

Global color swatch changes Color type from Process to Spot – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

I recreated the color palette in InDesign and remade the CC Library from the InDesign file.

That seemed to solve the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to that bug entry, if you add a global color to your library, it'll convert it to a spot color. Which is frustrating. I'd suggest everyone comment on the bug report thread linked above, and ask for a solution/update to adding global colors to shared libraries.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, how long do we need to wait for this bug to be fixed? It's great that you give users new tools but if they're buggy and unreliable, needing double-checking, what's the point? All the time I just spent creating a colour library to share between files and programs was a waste.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2018 3
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, bug still exists in 2019!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 2
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bug reports to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still exists in 2020..
Adobe really doesn't give a crap since they have no real competitors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 4
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug!  I think we are starting to see some real competitors in the web/mobile arena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 2
Resources